6/11/2009

Adventure 1

Tomorrow is the last full day of our first week of camp. Its been a pretty busy week - and I feel bad because I haven't had much time to keep up with everyone back home (or to update this). So I apologize for my weak-sauce post. 


Adventure 1 kids are 7th and 8th grade. After talking to them about their lives back home and from hearing input from other counselors, I have learned a lot about what influences them at school, home, or with their friends. It blows my mind that little girls going into 7th grade are having to deal with not only issues such as sex and drugs, but also with the sheer cruelty of other kids' teasing and harassment. This generation needs prayer.

I'm off to play FISH IMPOSSIBLE. A sweet night game that me and other two amigos dreamed up. Pictures later.


0 comments :